domingo, 19 de mayo de 2013

Two new animations and a Portrait

The Goat Kid animation (that dude needs a name) is ready!! Here you have it:



I had a great time working with this one. And I learned a lot too, I had to re-think and re-draw his ears because they were moving too slow, I worked a little bit more with his jaw, even the animation is quite simple there. I also added that cloth on his neck, which adds a lot to the overall movement; its flow.



I tried to do some line cleanup by tracing each sketchy-frame on a new piece of paper. I usually do not do this, and even I do prefer to not do it at all. It does takes time and some effort, and its a process which does not has to do a lot with animation, at least that's what I noticed. The animation is already solved by the sketch stage, loose lines are good enough to show the viewer what the character does. The cleaning process is more an aesthethics thing, something more involved in finishing a product.

I guess it is quite useful for a production, but for a student, not quite. It does gives a nice look and an easy read, but again, I prefer to keep exploring and trying animation things, than tracing everything over and over again.


And here is another tiny animation I began working on the other day. It's done in photoshop and has yet to be finished. Just keyframes and another two frames are done, but I think the movement is clear enough.
I'm wishing to add a nice "idle" before the movement, as well as a settle down right after it. 


<><><><><><>
And some non-animated stuff now.

I did some sketches just to practice poses, when the idea came to me: Why not interacting with the character while you draw it[him/her]???  

It's quite fun, at least it adds something extra to the poses excersice, while you work with the character's personality and reactions. 
Fun thing to do ;)

And here it is something I've been working on regarding digital painting:
Its an animated gif that shows the progress until now. 

I was thinking on adding a background and some more light.

Thanks for reading!!! :D 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario